1.Which are the procedures to organize an international event?
Since only National Federations may act in the capacity of organizer and may obtain official sanction from the IFBB, the contract will therefore only be agreed upon if the organizer has approval of the IFBB affiliated National Federation.
2. How an athlete must be invited to participate in international level?
An athlete cannot directly be invited to participate by the organizer of an international IFBB sanctioned event. All participating athletes have to be submitted by their IFBB affiliated National Federation to the organizer by sending the Final Entry Form with their names.
3. Can an athlete compete with another IFBB affiliated national federation? Which are the procedures to switch federations?
If an athlete moves to another country to live and work, he/she can ask for permission to compete for the country he/she resides in, but with permission of the IFBB affiliated NF in his/her native country, if was/is a member of this NF.
4. Can an athlete compete in the IFBB after being competing with a non-approved group or at a non-approved event? What are the consequences?
Any athlete who competes or performs as guest poser, and any official or judge who in any manner participate in International Events, exhibitions, contests or competitions which do not comply with the World Anti-Doping Agency Code and Standards or that are directly or indirectly organized or promoted by entities or individuals that do not comply with such rules, shall be subject to (a) fulfilment of the sanctions that may be imposed by the IFBB Disciplinary Commission, and (b) in the case of athletes and if so requested by the IFBB, to a non-adverse doping test to be performed in accordance with the IFBB Anti-Doping Rules and the athlete´s cost, as conditions precedent for the said athlete to be allowed to participate in any future International Event approved or sanctioned by the IFBB.
5. How can a person become an IFBB athlete?
Contact the IFBB-affiliated National Federation in your country and become a member of it. Only athletes being members of the IFBB-affiliated National Federations are allowed to participate in the IFBB international events, when officially entered by their National Federations to the said event.
6. Does IFBB Perform Doping Control? How does it work?
The IFBB has performed Doping Control since 1986. At IFBB Continental and World Championships doping control is performed:
- Random selection: A number of athletes selected at random throughout the event e.g. at Weigh-in or Prejudging.
- Weighted selection: A number of athletes selected at random from among the top finalists e.g. at Finals.